17 October 2012

"It looks like pretty much every problem you have can be fixed with caffeine."- Rohan

I think that I woke up this morning and tried to read some stuff again for class. Then I took nap. I woke up from my nap and saw that I had a voicemail. My phone is back at the Vodafone store! I wasn't able to go get it, though, because I had to get to class and they closed before my second class was over. I'll have to go tomorrow morning.

Class was really boring today. I could not, for the life of me, focus. I wasn't tired, which is weird, I just couldn't focus. A couple of interesting things happened.

  • Pearl brought her baby to class today. He was so cute! I want a baby, well, in the same way that I want a puppy. I just want to play with it, not to actually have one. He was such a good baby and didn't cry until she was leaving. He also had beautiful blue eyes. Janice is kind of obsessed with blue eyes. She asked Pearl if she could marry her son. I think he's a little too young for you, Janice.
  • "...but she's talking in English..."- Monisha; Hui and Janice were talking about the research proposal. Janice started randomly speaking in Mandarin and Monisha asked me what language she was speaking in. Hui was still speaking in English, which resulted in Monisha saying the comment. Then they both kind of went between speaking English and Mandarin.
  • "I wasn't, in fact, listening. I was just looking at you."- Tehzeeb; When Janice and Hui were talking, Monisha, Karemah, and I just looked at each other confused. Then Tehzeeb commented that often times when people speak with mixed languages, you can generally figure out what they are saying. Janice asked her if she understood, to which she replied that she wasn't actually listening. Then Janice replied something along the lines of how she couldn't help but look at something so beautiful. Janice is really modest. *note the sarcasm*
  • "We're going out... you can just drink apple juice!"- Janice; Apparently a bunch of MPH people are going to ANU bar tomorrow or something. This was the first time that Karemah and I have heard about this, but apparently the people from first semester want to meet the people that joined second semester. Anyway, since I don't drink, Janice said that I can just get apple juice. 
  • Karemah had to make sure that none of the quotes that I wrote down today made her look silly or ruin her public image. (I told you that I'd put that in there, Karemah!)
Indigenous class was also really boring. It took all of my willpower and self discipline to not skip it and go get my phone. There was one funny quote. One of my classmates asked something about if Indigenous development would be viewed as a threat by the rest of Australia in the future. She said that they are too small of a proportion of the population, but "maybe if we keep breeding the way we are." It made me laugh because she used the word breeding.

After class, I came home and took another nap. Then I ate dinner. I watched some tv online. I showered. Also, they fixed our kitchen light. Yay! They also made a mess on the floor, which I'm guessing is bits of the ceiling. Boo. (That's how I knew to check the light to see if it was fixed.)

Now I'm talking to Rohan. I told him that I couldn't focus today in class, and he said that I should drink caffeine. He then proceeded to go to the wikipedia page and pretty much all of my problems could be solved with caffeine. He said that his quote better be the blog title. I told him that I'd have to change it then because Janice's quote already had it. (the apple juice quote) Then I decided that, you know what? I am going to give it to Rohan. Janice always gets my blog title. I figured that I should even it out a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment