I woke up today with a really bad stomach ache. It wasn't like my stomach aches from stress, though. (Don't worry, Janice!) I had a dream last night that I was repeatedly throwing up, so that may be why my stomach hurt. Or I could have had that dream because my stomach already hurt. It kind of feels like I ate something that made me gag and then my stomach hurt.
I wanted to get up and do some homework before talking with Jacki, but I didn't feel well, so I just slept in. I did a little bit of work while Elly, one of my apartmentmates from Hope last year, started chatting with me. I haven't talked to her in a couple of months and we decided that we should have a video call between us and Caitlin, my old roommate, sometime soon.
Then I was talking to Jacki. It was her birthday yesterday, so it was still her birthday back home when I talked to her. She first called me via facebook video chat, but for some reason she couldn't see my video. Then we decided to try google hangout. It's actually a lot better than skype because you can do multiple people, share screen, and watch youtube videos together. Neither of us had used it in a really long time. Once we tried to do it with all of our family, but I don't remember when that was. Anyway, Jacki had to try out all of the different effects that there were, such as sound effects and placing hats on her video. It was silly. You could also name the hangout and Jacki called it "10 year apart twins." It's funny because it's true. We look pretty much exactly the same, except I'm like 5 inches taller. She's my mini-me that is actually almost 10 years older...
When I was done "hanging out" with Jacki, I had to do my laundry. It worked out perfectly because after I went to put my laundry in the washing machine, I went to go print my articles for this week. I finished printing at the exact same time that my laundry was supposed to be flipped to the dryer. I went to change it and the stupid coin machine wasn't working. It takes $1 or $2 coins to operate, so there's a machine in the laundry room. Which is really nice instead of having to make sure you always keep track of your coins when laundry day is approaching. Anyway, I was $1 short so that was annoying. I went to tell the front desk that it wasn't working and they said they couldn't fix it over the weekend. Great. My laundry was soaking wet.
Then she suggested that I go to IGA to get change. Duh! Why didn't I think of that? I needed to go get butter, anyway. So I went there and asked for my change in $1 coins. The cashier probably thought that I was weird. Then I flipped my laundry and worked on a bit of homework. Then I had to run the dryer again because my clothes were still wet. Stupid machines. I decided to take a nap during that time because Marcus suggested that last week during church so that we can stay awake. Actually, I was just really tired because I couldn't fall asleep again last night. I tried writing in my journal again, but then when I finished I went to lay down again and kept thinking about other things. Then I turned the light on and wrote another page! I sure have a lot on my mind all the time!
After my nap, I got my laundry, quickly dropped it off in my room, and went to CIF. They keep taunting me with NTE flyers and the announcements. I feel like I should go, but I know that I can't. I don't have money to go and if I am able to get a job and/or volunteer, I need to do that to build up my resume. It's going to be hard enough to get something if I don't have PR. (permanent residency)
At CIF today, we were talking about the Transfiguration. (As in the one in the Bible, not the class at Hogwarts.) I had actually never heard of it until I took Catholic Christianity last semester at Hope. I'm not sure how that was missing in my religious education classes. Anyway, we were talking about how it's weird to think that God, well His Son who I guess is also God, came as a little baby. In part of Owen's talk, he said the quote that I used for the title, "You've just changed the nappy of the God who created the universe." (By the way, nappy is the Australian word for diaper.) It's weird to think about it that way!
Then we went to church. My stomach started to hurt again. I'm not sure why. I also realised that I forgot to take my meds this morning, so I made sure to do that when I got back. It's a good thing that I don't have to be very consistent with them because I always forget. I need to work on making that a habit. Also, today's theme for church was joy, so the Bible passage was basically the beginning of the Christmas story, ie: they had to go back to be counted. We also sang Joy to the World. Isn't it a little early for Christmas songs? I guess not if you're Kmart, or any other store for that matter. Besides, Halloween isn't very big here and they don't have Thanksgiving, obviously. They don't need to respect the turkey! Also, Jo wasn't at CIF or church today, which is why there are no funny quotes from her.
After church, I came back home. I spent the night cleaning the bathrooms. One of my flatmates came out and cleaned the kitchen. That's pretty much my day in a nutshell, well a pretty big nutshell! Hopefully I can put away my laundry and read a few articles before getting to bed. My stomach still kinda feels like it needs to throw up, though. That may be a result of the cleaning supplies now, though. But don't worry, my windows are open to release the fumes!
No comments:
Post a Comment