12 October 2012

"It's ok; she has Asian skills!" - Bec

This morning, I was going to meet Janice to go to the store. Bec decided that she had to go too and I guess her leg was good enough that she could walk to the store on it. Bec and Janice both met me in Davey and we walked over to Civic together.

On our way there, we also stopped by a coffee place so Janice could get something. As we waiting for the cross-walk light to change, Janice bent down to tie her shoe and the light changed. Bec said that we can just go and Janice will cross after because she has Asian skills. If you have to cross the street with Janice, you'll understand. I swear she just runs in front of cars and thinks she has some sort of force shield so that cars can't hit her.

When we got to Civic, we went to Big W. I had a few things that I needed to get there. I got a new apple juice bottle! My old one (the second one) always leaked. I think that there was something wrong with the top or something. Anyway, when I went to check out, it was only $5 instead of like $10. Yay sales! Also, when we were at Big W, Janice looked at her coffee cup. It had a name written on it, so that they could call her name. The name wasn't her name. It said Janet. When Janice read this, she exclaimed, "I'm not Janet!!!" (The three exclamations is her emphasis; I told her to write it down so that I'd remember it. I had it written in my phone...)

There was some cleaning stuff that Janice told me to get for the bathroom, because we have an inspection sometime next week or the week after, and they didn't have it at Big W. We then went to Aldi because that's where she got hers. I decided to go to Vodafone afterwards because it was just across from Aldi.

My phone has been randomly shutting off, despite having a full (or almost full) battery. It was really obnoxious. I would turn it back on and it would be fine. It didn't say that the battery was low or anything. Then a couple of days ago, it started randomly disconnecting from the Vodafone network. It was annoying. Anyway, my phone was still under warranty, so I had them send it back to Samsung.

Luckily, I have already uploaded all of my pictures and all of my contacts were in my gmail instead of my phone, so I could just give them the phone today instead of needing to go home and back it up first. They said that I should get my phone back in about a week. In the meantime, they gave me a VERY pink phone. I prefer my electronics to be black. The pink is really overwhelming! I've attached a picture to show my enthusiasm over my temporary phone.

Then we went to SupaBarn because we needed to get food, too. They had my apple juice! They NEVER have Just Juice apple juice in the 3 litre bottle! Ok, they did the first time that I was there, but they haven't since. Just Juice is my favourite brand and the 3 litre bottle at SupaBarn is the cheapest, but they almost never have it. They have the 2 litre bottles, but it's actually cheaper per litre to get the 3 litre one from IGA. I know my apple juice too well...

I tried to take a nap when I got home because I was tired. I seriously have such a hard time falling asleep which then makes it hard to wake up. I couldn't even fall asleep during my nap, though. I eventually did, but that meant that I slept longer than I wanted.

Then I read my week nine stuff for qualitative so that I could write my memo. I'm really behind. I have to read week 10 when I'm done with this so that I can write that tonight. Well I better go so that I can do that and try to get to bed.

2 comments:

  1. That picture with your pink phone says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add what the tags on my apple juice bottle said because it was funny so I wanted to share. "At Smash, we totally wear blue singlets, corked hats, eat lamingtons, ride 'roos 2 work, love Hugh Jackman, & claim Russell Crowe as an Aussie!" How many stereotypes can you fit into one sentence? Love it!

    ReplyDelete