Abstract:
Stupid people; Halloween costumes!; No more Graham!!!!!; presentation; pictures; Union Court with friends; small nap; class; bigger nap; Skype
I am exhausted today. I barely got any sleep because I was working on editing my research proposal and then when I tried to get to bed, some idiot outside started screaming/singing. I lay in bed for hours, unable to sleep, because I had to keep my window open or it was too hot. So annoying! Plus I had to wake up early to meet Janice before our presentations to help her put on make-up and do her hair for her costume.
Janice and I both dressed up for our presentations because it's Halloween. Since we had our presentations, we decided to dress related to our projects. Her project was on transgenders and mine was on health nuts. Janice dressed up as a sexually confused person and I dressed up kind of like Richard Simmons. We met in the shower room and it was funny because we came out at the same time. It's a good thing that no one saw us come out or it would have been a scandal! haha
When we went to class, Bec was there. She came to see our costumes. Pearl also had her little baby there. He is so cute! We waited for quite a while before the presentations started. Graham was talking to people about their research proposals if they hadn't already gone to talk to him. After he was done talking to people, I gave him my journal and final version of my proposal. That means that I'm done with his classes! Wooooo!
The presentations were mostly boring. People were often talking about the literature review instead of their research and that part was boring to me. We weren't graded on our presentations at all, they were just for fun. My presentation went pretty well. Martin said that my costume made sense when he saw my powerpoint because he thought that I had just come from some sport thing or something. Yeah, right. Can you imagine me doing something sport-related? I'm the least physically fit person ever!
Before we broke for lunch, we took some class pictures, well of the people that were there for the morning session. Then I left Graham's class for good! I decided to actually go to my indigenous lecture for the first time since week 1, so I couldn't come back for the afternoon session. It's kind of sad because I couldn't see Janice's presentation.
We went to Union Court for lunch. Originally we were going to go to Vivaldi, but then we didn't because there was a multicultural day going on and there was free food. We went to meet Bec, Joie, Hui Ling, and Iris, who were already there. By the time Janice and I got there, they didn't have any food left, but the others had already eaten. We took a few pictures and then Heesook came. We took some more pictures and then we to some cafe to get lunch. I didn't want anything there, so I just ate some of my Shapes. We were talking for a bit and then we went our separate ways.
I went back to Davey before my class. Joie also lives in Davey, so I asked her about the room inspection. We never got a form that said if we passed or not, but she said that they didn't either and she thinks that you only get a piece of paper if you fail. Hopefully she's right. I tried to take a quick nap before my class, but I didn't really have much time. It didn't refresh me at all.
Indigenous was alright. I kind of knew what was going on because I could actually hear the lecture for once! Oh and I finally remembered to post that a few weeks ago, I realised that my lecturer in that course looks like the mouse from Fievel that says "Wewease the secret weapon!" That's something that my family used to always quote, so I thought they'd appreciate it. Here's a picture of that mouse.
When I got back, I took another nap, for about an hour this time. I was still exhausted and kind of felt more tired than I had before the nap. Then I was supposed to have a Bible study with Rohan, but I was too exhausted, so we're just talking instead and moved our Bible study again.
More pictures from today:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9602956@N05/sets/72157631894371077/


No comments:
Post a Comment