slept in; Janice was going to be late; five dollar dude; Janice left me all alone for cheesecake; youth; guys like porn?! (*note the sarcasm of that obvious statement); talks with Karemah; nap
I slept in today and it was glorious. I don't remember what I did between the time of waking up and going to class, though. I do remember searching for articles for my contemporary essay, though.
Right before I left for class, Janice texted me to ask if I was going to class. Yes... She said that she was going to be late, but whatever I went anyway. When I got there, the class was still waiting for Paul to show up, so they were talking. I sat in the back, not my usual seat, so that I could sit next to some people that I know because no one that usually sat by me was there.
I sat behind this guy known to Janice, Karemah, and I as the "five dollar dude." His actual name is Sam, but I only know that because I paid attention when he did is class presentation because we were just calling him by his nickname. Anyway, we call him that because one day during class, the guest lecturer asked how many more people would probably come late. Sam answered quite confidently, "3 or 4." Then Karemah and I jokingly said, "But not 1 or 2 or 5." He tried to bet us five dollars, but we never actually accepted the bet. He ended up being correct and every week that he's been in class, he asked us each for the five dollars. He hadn't been in class for the past couple of weeks, but he said he came to get his money today because it was the last class. I was the only one of us there at that point, so he asked me about it and where the other two girls were. (I'm pretty sure he was just teasing us and never actually expected the money. Also, Karemah told me that he's my stalker so maybe it just gave him a reason to talk to us...)
When I was in class, Janice texted me to tell me why she wasn't there. She was getting cheesecake! She has had a craving for quite some time, and she has ridiculous cravings. (Remember the roast duck?) Anyway, she decided to get it today instead of going to class and she left me all alone. :( Also, she said that she wanted to get a picture of the five dollar dude, but obviously she couldn't if she didn't come to class. I think that was part of her plan. So, yeah, I told Janice that she loves cheesecake more than she loves me. She always says that she loves me, but I'll never let her forget this!
Today's presentations revolved around the theme of youth. According to the WHO, youth is 10-24 year olds. I'm still youth for a couple more years! Yay! Each person had a different thing about youth and health problems. The first person talked about workplace health, the second about driving, the third about cyberbullying, and the fourth about sexual health. Karemah was late to class and came during the cyberbullying. Sam asked her for the money, too!
There were some interesting conversations that arose from the presentations.
- Girls are more likely to participate in cyberbullying. Paul's response? "Girls are more literate. It (cyberbullying) is a skill." He meant that guys would be more likely to just punch someone out than engage in cyberbullying.
- More "No s*** research"- boys watch more pornography than girls. Did they really have to do a study to find that?
- Paul, "Boys watch porn; girls cyberbully."
- When discussing the amount of money in the porn industry; Karemah, "Maybe we should just be porn stars." (Not the sarcasm in that... please...; and Karemah- be careful what you say around me!)
After class, I went with Karemah down to the computer lab. She had to print something for Graham and turn it in. Then we went to turn it in, but luckily the offices are all in one area with a secretary, so we just gave the assignment to the secretary. I didn't have to see him again!
Then we went outside and talked for a while about various things: how Janice loves cheesecake more than she loves me; Christmas plans; she thinks my relationship with Rohan is hilarious from my blog posts when I was over there; and structural violence. She commented on how Winnon always posts such great articles about structural violence that she wonders where he gets them. We were teasing that maybe there's a fan page for structural violence and you can "like" structural violence. This led to some jokes about it and now she actually made a group for it!
Then I went home and took a nap. Then I watched some tv online while I ate dinner and I almost forgot to post tonight! Oops.
No comments:
Post a Comment