04 November 2012

Fried brain- it sounds like something American zombies would eat!

Abstract:
laundry woes; CIF; good-bye Jess and Jo; Pan de Vida; church; charley horse or corky?

This weekend was kinda crappy. Actually, it was really crappy. I worked on my indigenous stuff all morning and early afternoon. I finished my forum posts at 3:45pm and I was going to take a shower and then go down and do my laundry. I brought my laundry downstairs only to find that the coin machine said it was empty. Great because I only had three dollar-coins and it costs a lot more money to do laundry. Last time that happened, the front desk told me that they can't refill it on the weekend and to go to IGA. I didn't have time to do that because I wanted to go to CIF. I brought my stupid laundry back upstairs and I'll do it tomorrow. The awesome thing, though, is that I decided to wash my sheets. I already took them off my bed and put them in my dirty laundry, so I'll just have to sleep in my sleeping bag without my sheets. It'll be just like my first month here!

After my frustrating morning and afternoon, I went to CIF. It was good. I don't remember much of what happened. My brain has been totally fried the last week or two and I have almost no attention span or memory. Oh I do remember that Jo said that she was really hungry and hadn't eaten. Before CIF we were just talking and Meredith pulled out this big tub of the food that was for dinner. She gave Jo a plate to eat. It was funny.

During CIF, the people that are leaving and not coming back went up to tell us what they are planning on doing. Jess and Jo are both leaving. Well, Jess may or may not be leaving, and Jo is taking a gap year to figure out what she really wants to do. It sure is going to be quiet next semester without those two! (and that's my way of saying that I'll miss them!)

In the passage of the Bible that we talked about today, it talked about the last being first and the first being last, so it reminded me of the song "Pan de Vida." It made me laugh. I never actually knew where that phrase from Pan de Vida came from. (Pan de Vida means bread of life in Spanish; it's my dad's favourite song that we sing at St. Francis de Sales in Holland, MI.)

I was really hungry and I ate more today that I usually do. I haven't really eaten much all weekend. After dinner, I was talking to Lizzy before church. Then I went to church. We sang a lot and talked about Jeremiah. Again, I don't really remember anything else that happened because my brain is fried.

Then I came home. I watched some 7th Heaven and ate some ice cream. Then I wrote my blog post. To add to the awesomeness of this weekend, my right leg started to get a charley horse right behind my knee. (According to wikipedia, charley horse is the North American term and they call it a corky in Australia...) Luckily I pulled my leg straight out before it could get stuck, but now my leg hurts and I'm afraid to bend it because it might get stuck again. Such a great day! *note the sarcasm* I really need to just get to bed and sleep before anything else happens. I'll start my final essay tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment