Abstract:
Really, who am I?; paper cut; doctor's appointment; errands around campus; boring night; Happy 1.5 years, Rohan!
I was up late last night talking to Rohan. We were talking about a bunch of stuff, but one thing is that we realised that I'm kind of having a 1/4 life crisis because I don't really know who I am any more. I'm definitely not the same person that I was a year or ago or even 6 months ago! Well, I guess anyone that reads my blog could probably tell that since I've been asking "who am I?" repeatedly for the past few weeks. Now I'm on a quest to actually figure that out.
Even though I got to bed really late, I still had to get up early. My bed was so warm and comfy and I did not want to get up. It was cold, but I had to! I had a doctor's appointment. Before my appointment, I had to fill out some forms because I had never been there before. I ended up giving myself a paper cut. Only a person as special as me can give themselves a paper cut deep enough to bleed throughout the doctor appointment, and still sting 12 hours later, while in the health centre.
The appointment went well. I also talked to her about finding a neurosurgeon and I have to come back next week for a referral. She's going to look up neurosurgeons for me during the next week. Don't worry, nothing's wrong, but I'll need to get my yearly follow-up MRI sometime in February/March. I'm glad that my GP from home gave me the emails between Dr. Garton, my neurosurgeon, and her so that I could bring them in for the doctor here to scan and put in my record. I also brought my vaccination record. I'm so smart!
After the doctor, I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. Then I went to the student union to get my My Way bus card reloaded. When I was walking back to Davey, I got an email that said that my loan deferral form was completed and I could pick it up from the student exchange. So, I went there to pick it up. My dad has to contact the loan people to know if I can just scan it and have my dad fax it or if I need to actually mail it in.
Then I came back to my flat. I talked with my parents for a bit. Then I had to take a nap. I was exhausted! When I got up, I checked my email and got a response from the guy at Big Improvements again. I think we're going to meet next Tuesday. That was one of the reasons that I wanted to make sure that I put more money on my My Way card. I didn't want to be stuck in Kaleen, another suburb where Big Improvements is located, and not have money on my bus card. I mean I could just pay the bus driver, but that's so much more work!
I didn't do much else today. I made more enchiladas for dinner and then I watched more 7th Heaven.
Also, today is Rohan and my 1.5 year anniversary!
Sorry about the paper cut, but I'm glad you got to the doctor and sorted out a lot of those things.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the second job interview!
Happy 1.5 yr anniversary to you and Rohan. Considering both of your affinity to maths, maybe you should celebrate a different number, like perhaps the golden ratio (1.618...), which I think would be Dec.31. If you are still visiting him then, you could go pick out seashells on the beach together :P Hahaha
I'm just going to pretend like I understand that... Is there any reason for the seashells?
DeleteThe spiral in a seashell looks like the spiral formed by the golden ratio, even though shells are not usually exact. You can look at some images here:
Deletehttps://www.google.com/search?q=seashell+golden+ratio&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lsaqULvCKOO9yQHssoCACA&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643
It looks like it depends on your method. If you just say a year is about 365.24 days and you go 365.25*phi days past that you end up at 23:32 (to the nearest minute) on the 30th of Dec 2012.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, if you start by going for a year (366 days in this case) since 1 year is whole and then go for 1-phi of the next year (that is (1-phi)*365) you end up at 14:13 (once again to the nearest minute) on the 31st of Dec this year.
Tbh I'm not sure which method I prefer, although the first does seem a little purer...
Or if you take the average between the two methods, you also end up somewhere on 31 Dec. You can pick whichever you like; I don't think anyone will mind!
Delete