26 November 2012

"Is he cremating himself?!"- Janice

Abstract:
waiting; doctor again; tutoring; Janice; memoir; more Janice; GATTACA

I had to wake up bright and early for my doctor appointment this morning. I got there like 15 minutes early because you're always supposed to arrive early. Well, apparently I was the first appointment of the day because they weren't open yet. I tried to get in and I was confused why the door wasn't opening. It's an automatic one so I thought that maybe it was just faulty. Then someone was coming out, so I tried to go in. She yelled at me and told me that they weren't open yet, so I had to wait outside. Luckily it was just outside of the clinic and not outside of the entire building.

I sat there and waited while other people came. We kept looking at our watches, but they wouldn't open a minute before 9. Whatever. I went in when they finally opened at 9 and I got in right away. I was just meeting with the doctor so that she could give me a referral to a neurosurgeon. I'll need to get my yearly MRI sometime in February or March to make sure that my brain tumour hasn't returned.

I came back and took a nap. I forgot that my phone was still on silent. I woke up to a missed call and a text from Michael at Big Improvements. He said that if our meeting on Wednesday morning went well, that I could start working on Thursday afternoon if I was free. Of course I am! I texted him back which resulted in a short conversation. He asked when I am free and I told him that I'm free everyday until I go to Perth, which is 13 December. I'm excited to start tutoring again. I miss it.

Then Janice texted me. She went to Sydney over the weekend and wanted to meet for dinner. She wanted to meet yesterday, but I had church when she got back. We decided that we would cook, since I don't really like anything in Civic. Everywhere that we've eaten, with the exception of Nando's, is Asian and I don't really like Asian food that much. Well, at least I'm sick of it. I wanted Western food. We decided to meet at 5:30 and go to SupaBarn to buy something to make for dinner.

In the meantime, I was working on the bus trip/NTE portion of my memoir. I surpassed the 10,000 word mark, not including the part from the beginning, before meeting with Janice and I have since surpassed the 12,000 word mark. I have a lot to tell. I also got all of my grades back and I passed all of my classes back and I now can stop obsessing over checking them!

Somehow on the way to SupaBarn, Janice convinced me to make her some hot wings for dinner. I don't know how she did that because I wasn't going to make her any. I was still upset about the enchilada thing. I guess it's just because I really like hot wings and I haven't had them in a while. I'm running low on my b-dubs sauce!

On the way to SupaBarn, she caught me up on some things. She said that Heesook and Boon both got screwed over by UniLodge, which caused me to worry about my own contract renewal. I turned in the renewal form like a week after getting it, but I never received any confirmation that I renewed my contract. I'm going to talk to them tomorrow to make sure that there wasn't a problem. Otherwise, I might be getting screwed over. She also told me about Legally Blonde, which was the musical that she went to Sydney to see, and how some of our friends were supposed to go to Fiji, but got stranded in Sydney because the plane wasn't leaving because of a hole in its wing. At least they didn't figure that out when they were in the air!

When we got back, we put the wings in the oven and decided to watch GATTACA. I told Janice to watch it way back at the beginning of the semester, but she never did. We watched it while cooking and eating our wings. I think she liked it up until the end when she exclaimed that it was stupid that Jerome was giving Vincent a life time supply of stuff with his DNA when it would expire in 3 months. She missed the point. She also exclaimed, "is he cremating himself?!" at the end of the movie. It was funny. If you haven't seen GATTACA, I definitely recommend that you do. It's one of my favourite movies, despite Janice missing the entire point of the end of the movie!

Now I'm just finishing my blog post and I may write some more of my memoir before going to bed. I'm tired.

On a side note, today makes the number of days that I've been in Australia this time the exact same as when I was studying abroad two years ago. That means that from tomorrow on, it's the longest that I've been in Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment