21 November 2012

Gobble, gobble!

Abstract:
store;  I need to translate recipes...; stupid phone connection; I WANT MY GRADES!; dinner-yum!; crafts

When I woke up, I took a shower and then went to the store. First I went to Top Bargain. I wanted to see if they had anything that I needed for cheaper. I got some stuff, including craft stuff for Thanksgiving. Then I went to Big W to get some more stuff that I needed and then to SupaBarn.

Again, I need to learn to look up what the other names that things may go by. I couldn't find the cake flour last time I looked, so I looked up alternatives online. I found that I could use corn starch and regular flour mixed. Ok, I could do that. Well, I got to the store and I couldn't find it! Apparently it goes by corn flour instead. Who knew! Well, actually I'm sure a lot of people do, but I didn't. 

And to make matters worse, the internet on my phone doesn't work in SupaBarn. I was somehow able to initially text Janice where she told me to get the corn flour, but then my phone wouldn't let me text or call either. I couldn't ask her if they were exactly the same, but I figured that I would just get it in case anyway. Apparently it is the same thing, so whew!

I got home and put stuff away. Janice had texted me that the first assignment from Contemporary was graded and online, but for some reason, my grade wasn't on there! I have no idea why because it was submitted, but I guess I'll just wait. It's so frustrating because I'm always paranoid about my grades!

Then I made dinner. It was really yummy. I made steak, which was an adventure in itself to try to cook correctly, and potatoes from a recipe that I found on pinterest. It's where you cut most of the way through the potato, but not all the way through and then you put olive oil, butter, salt, and garlic on it. I don't have real garlic, so I just used garlic powder and it was really good. 

I ate a lot more than I usually do, with the exception of how much I've been eating with the enchiladas recently. Speaking of which, Janice said that she now has a craving for enchiladas and wants to go back to the Mexican restaurant. I'm a little offended that she didn't ask me to make her enchiladas since she always wants to make me cook, at least to cook wings for her. Her excuse was that "she wanted to have the margaritas too."  Sure, Janice... (And, Janice, I know you're reading this, because you always do even if you say that you don't because you don't want to sound like a stalker. Explain yourself! And do it in a comment on here so that I can see it when I read this back in the future.)

After dinner, I was being crafty. (Tehehe that's a play on words because I was actually making crafts) I made some decorations for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night. I'll post pictures tomorrow from our meal! It'll be exciting! Then Bec stopped over to drop off some stuff to keep in the fridge because she has to move out of Toad and doesn't want her stuff to go bad.

Now I'm just watching 7th Heaven and finishing up the Thanksgiving decorations. I'm now on the final season of 7th Heaven. So sad!

2 comments:

  1. ok 2 reasons: i really want the margaritas... and i want something fresh!!
    but do cook for me spicy hot wings will you??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I will not cook wings for you! I'm still offended. My enchiladas are not already cooked. I mean the sauce is and the filling only kinda is, but I haven't actually made the enchiladas. When I cook them in the oven, they are fresh!

      Delete