17 November 2012

Me encantan las enchiladas carne: parte dos

Abstract:
store; conversions; tomato sauce; "cheese"; Holland made me half Mexican!; being full is not normal! (for me, anyway!)

I took a shower today and then I went to the store. I had to buy a whole bunch of stuff. I needed fruit and then I REALLY wanted to make some enchiladas after looking up recipes online last night.

I first went to Big W to get some stuff. Then I went to SupaBarn. I made sure to look for everything for my enchiladas right away. I wasn't going to be surprised if I couldn't find something. Luckily I could find everything.

I should really learn to pay attention to the recipes before I go to the store because some things are under different names or I need to convert them to figure out how much I need. This US/metric conversion can be confusing at times. Why doesn't the US just change to metric and make my life easier?  I wasn't really sure of how much I needed to get of some things, although I did try to remember to convert some things before I left.

With the names, I forgot that tomato sauce is ketchup, so I had to think of where the American meaning of tomato sauce was located. I just got tomato puree, but I'm not really sure if that's the same thing or not. It worked, though.

The same thing happened with the cheese. There were bags of mozzarella, but all of the other bags just said "cheese." What kind of cheese is that? Luckily after some searching, I was able to find cheese that said Mexican. Yay! Something that is actually Mexican!

I had lots of stuff that I had to bring home from the store. My bags were heavy. When I got back, I had to relax for a while before making dinner.

Then I made enchiladas. They were delicious! First, I had to make the enchilada sauce, which was really easy. While it was cooking, I had to brown the meat and then cut up the zucchini and onions. I never knew that enchiladas had zucchini, or if they even regularly do, but I like zucchini and this recipe called for it.

I only have one small pan for my oven, so I couldn't make all of the enchiladas at once. I was going to make them in batches, but then I was too lazy to try to do that. I just have a bunch of the meat/veggie mix, cheese, tortillas, and enchilada sauce left over in my fridge. I have A LOT of stuff left over! My fridge shelf is packed!

The enchiladas were really good. REALLY GOOD. They were so spicy and delicious. When I was eating them, I couldn't help but think about how spicy they were. I made me laugh because I was thinking how other people might not be able to eat them. (*cough* Rohan's family *cough*) I guess you have to grow up around those kinds of things! Holland, MI has a high proportion of Mexicans, hence my relationship with Mexican culture. (I kinda feel like I'm part Mexican sometimes! Writing in Spanish. Cooking Mexican food.) I ate two enchiladas. TWO! That's so much food for me!

Nothing else really happened tonight. My stomach still feels full from dinner, which is a weird concept for me. Usually I eat until I'm not hungry any more and I almost never eat until I'm full! Did I mention that I really like enchiladas?

The title is part two because I had that as my title
before, when I made Janice go to get Mexican food with me.

I forgot to get a picture when they were in the pan and pretty, but oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment