20 November 2012

Mexican Hat Dance!

Abstract:
defer ALL the loans! again...; Mexican song and dance; viva méxico

I was up really late writing my memoir, so I slept in pretty late today. When I finally did get myself out of bed, I had to go do another deferral form for my undergraduate loans. Apparently the people that I got the loans from sold some of them to another company or something, so I had to defer the other ones, too. I went downstairs to print the email from my dad saying what I needed and the form that I'll have to fill out.

Then I went to the student exchange again to ask them for the information again for the other loans. The girl at the desk wasn't sure what I was talking about and said that they wouldn't be able to give me the information there. I showed her the other form that I had filled out that had the same information. She was confused because she didn't know who the person that signed my forms was, but she said that she would just give the email that I printed out to her boss and then her boss would email me back or something.

After that, I had to go to the library to scan my first deferment form. It would take a long time to mail it, but luckily I could just scan it, send it to my dad, and he could fax it to the loan people. I couldn't get the scanner to work or some reason, I was having issues with the touch screen, so I had to ask at the desk. Some girl helped me and then it automatically emailed to my uni email.

Then I came home. I forwarded my scanned letter to my dad. I finished watching Dexter and watched How I Met Your Mother before taking a nap. I've been so exhausted lately.

When I woke up, I think I watched some more 7th Heaven. Then I heard music outside. I couldn't tell what the lyrics were because it didn't sound like the best quality speakers, but it reminded me of Cinco de Mayo in Holland, so I figured it was Mexican.

But then I thought about it and that I must be crazy. There's never anything Mexican in Australia! It was going on for a while, so I decided to look out the window to find out. I was right! Down the street, there were people dressed in traditional Mexican clothes and dancing. There were only two guys and two girls, from what I could tell from my window. They were playing music that I didn't know, but then they started playing The Mexican Hat Dance. Not much makes me feel more at home than Mexican dancing and songs! But anyway, I then decided to eat dinner, which was enchiladas. I was having such a Mexican night!

While eating, I was really confused why there was some sort of Mexican thing going on down the street. I knew that it wasn't Cinco de Mayo, because obviously that's the 5th of May and it's only a big celebration in the US, and I knew that it wasn't Mexican Independence Day because that's September 16. Yay learning Mexican history in Holland Public Schools. Anyway, I didn't know what today was. I looked on the wikipedia page, and apparently today was Revolution Day. That explains the Mexican celebration, but not why it was in a random part of Canberra. Oh well, I was still entertained.

Nothing else much happened today. I honestly don't remember anything from tonight, so clearly it wasn't important.

No comments:

Post a Comment