Abstract:
Corn; Target; Scotcheroos aren't scotcheroos without the scotch... I mean... the butterscotch; where's the shortening?!; all that glitters is gold... or silver!; definition of woman's role changing?
I went to sleep really late last night, or should I say early this morning? I started writing my memoir again and I couldn't stop. Then I slept in really late again. It was great. I cooked some corn today to eat with chicken for lunch. It was yummy. When I was cooking it, I realised that I really like cooking. Seriously, who am I and what have I done with Caitlin? I'm eating fruits and vegetables and I like cooking them? What is this world coming to?
After lunch, I went to the store. That was an adventure! First I went to Target. I had a few things that I could get at Target or Big W, but I received a coupon thingy in the mail that I could get triple points on my flybuys card with a purchase at Target. I decided to go there first. I got the Casual Vacancy, JK Rowling's new book. I'll let you all know how I like it once I start reading it or when I've finished, depending. I've heard some bad reviews on it, but that may just be because people wanted it to be another Harry Potter book. I'll have to see for myself. I also bought a pan to make scotcheroos!
Then I went to Big W to get some more stuff that I couldn't get at Target. Then I went to SupaBarn. I wanted to buy the stuff to make scotcheroos. I had looked for butterscotch chips yesterday, but they didn't have them. Instead, I talked to my mom about alternatives. You can't make scotcheroos without butterscotch. It's where the name comes from! She found me a recipe online to make them. I decided to buy all of the stuff to make those, along with the ingredients for scotcheroos. I couldn't find the shortening. I looked all over for it. I must have gone up and down the baking and desserts aisles like 10 times. They didn't have it, so I just went on my phone to look up any alternatives. I guess you could use butter or lard because that's what I found online. I just bought some extra butter and some lard so that I could use either one if I had to.
I didn't want to give up on finding the shortening, so I tried Aldi. They didn't have it either. Then I stopped by IGA on the way home, but they didn't have it either. Apparently shortening isn't something that you can buy in Australia. Apparently they just use butter or something. Weird. Anyway, I'm going to try to make scotcheroos sometime and I'll let you all know how they turn out. I'm hoping that they aren't a complete wreck!
For some reason, tonight I decided to look up how to clean my one ring that my mom gave me. It's silver and all tarnished, but I really like it and I've been wearing it a lot recently. I looked up how to clean it and it was just salt, aluminium foil, and water. I decided to give it a try, since I actually had all of those. It worked pretty well. I used q-tips to help get the tarnish off and they practically turned black! I also cleaned my old heart shaped jewellery holder that my sister gave me as a bridesmaid present that was turning all black, too. I didn't realise that it just had to be cleaned. I thought that I would have to throw it away. Anyway, I felt so domestic getting them all shiny again. Seriously. Who am I and what have I done with Caitlin?
It's kind of funny how things have changed. It used to be that women felt really accomplished when they achieved something like college and that doing stuff around the house was taken for granted. Now I feel like obviously I should do well at uni and I feel really accomplished when I do something like cook or clean. It's weird.
So that was my busy day today!
No comments:
Post a Comment