30 November 2012

It's so clear that it almost looks like RO water!

Abstract:
We went to a bunch of beaches in Jervis Bay and it was a lot of fun. I suggest reading this post, or at least the section of funny quotes!

I woke up really early this morning. We were supposed to all meet at Kinloch at 7:45. Janice told not to be late, so I wanted to make sure that I was on time. I rushed to get all of my crap for the day packed up and get downstairs and over to Kinloch.

When I got there, no one was there. I texted Janice and she said that she had to go back to Burgmann to get her camera. Iris was with her. Ko came a while after me and then Heesook came out, she lives in Kinloch, just a few seconds before Janice and Iris go there. They were all there about 15 minutes late. Janice is a trouble maker!

Then we walked over to the car rental place where we got the car when we went to Sydney. This time Janice had to upgrade to a bigger vehicle because I was also going. When she first ordered the car, I wasn't sure if I would be able to go or if I would be asked to tutor. Luckily I wasn't, so I was able to go. Janice drove, Heesook was in the front, and Ko, Iris, and I were in the back.

Because Canberra is an inland city, we had to drive for quite a while before we go to the shore. There were also a lot of mountain roads and all of the twists and turns were making me feel sick. I ended up listening to my zune and keeping my head on my lap to reduce some of the nausea. We drove around all day going to different beaches. First they all wanted to go to some oyster place, but it was closed. We ended up going to the beach there for a little bit to take pictures.

Then we drove around looking for a fish place to eat. They all wanted oysters. We went to The Boatshed in Batemans Bay. I got the grenadier and chips. I have never of these fish that I get here before, but they were good. On a side note, I hate that you need to buy your sauces. I use so much sauce and it's so expensive. Each little sauce packet was 50 cents, and I needed four. It's ridiculous!

Then we went to Jervis Bay. We did a little beach-hopping here. We went to a bunch of different beaches and we explored them and stuff. On of the beaches, we saw a wallaby. Just one of the many reasons to love Australia! The wallaby was super cute and I could help but squeal like a little girl and take a ton of pictures. We also found some cool caves. On our way back to the car from the last beach, we found a big hole that someone had dug. Heesook said she had an urge to fill it in and I said that I had the urge to climb in! And climb in, I did. I wasn't going to miss a photo op!

Our final stop before leaving was to go get dinner at Stonegrill. It's an interesting concept. They bring your food out on a special kind of stone that slowly loses its heat. Then you cook your own food. We all ordered the three course meal thing where they had some choices for the entree, the main dish, and the dessert. Everyone except for me ordered the same entree. They all got the prawns in garlic, but I don't like prawns, so I got the calamari. It was good, but kinda chewy, so not the best calamari I've had. For the main dish, I got the steak. It came out in a big chuck, so we were supposed to cut it to cook the pieces. I had some issues trying to cut it, though. I didn't really like the pepper sauce that I got to put on it, but the steak was good without it. I was never much of a sauce on steak kind of person. The dessert that I got was wildberry cheesecake, which was also really yummy.

Then we went home and I feel asleep in the car. I was so exhausted. I got back up to my flat and I went straight to bed. Here's some funny quotes or happenings that I took note of during the day:

  • Janice and Heesook are moving to Davey next semester!!!
  • Before we left Canberra, there was a sign on the highway that point to the crematorium. Why they need a big sign on the high way, I'm not sure. But now I know where it is. It's close to EPIC in case anyone was wondering.
  • Some song started playing on the radio and Janice said it was a weird version and couldn't remember what the song was called. She assumed that I knew it, so I was attentively listening trying to figure out what they were saying. I kept telling her that I couldn't understand what they were saying, so she turned it up. After multiple times that I told her I couldn't tell what they were saying, she told me it was an Italian song. Why on Earth did she think that I knew an Italian song? Or that turning up the volume would make me understand words?
  • I saw wallabies on the side of the road, not roadkill, but a little farther off. So much cooler than playing a buck for a buck. (That's a game that I used to play with my dad when I was little. If I saw a deer when we were driving, he would give me a dollar.)
  • I think it was Iris that asked where we were at some point. Janice said that we were still in the ACT. I corrected her saying that no, we were in NSW. She didn't believe me, so I told her that we passed the sign. I looked at the timestamp on my camera because I took a picture of the sign. We had passed into NSW like 20 minutes before. Shouldn't the person driving know that kind of thing?
  • Janice was trying to pass a car, but it was only one lane each way at that point. She went into the other lane and she almost had a head-on collision. Way to make us feel safe with you driving, Janice!
  • When we got to the oyster place, we found a closed sign. We looked in the window to see if it was just going to open later or if it was shut down. Iris said, "There's not even a fridge, there should be a fridge!" She's rather hilarious, but I think it's unintentional.
  • When we went to eat lunch, I ate my lemon. I'm a Roth girl, why wouldn't I eat my lemon? Then I asked Janice if I could have hers. I wish I had a picture of Heesook's face when she found out that I just eat lemons. She thought it was the weirdest thing. She asked if I just eat them like oranges and just have them by themselves for a snack. Um, yes...
  • Heesook was telling Janice to drink the cola because it had caffeine. (I say cola because it wasn't a name brand. It was some kind of Aussie brand, as were all of the drinks at the place where we had lunch.) Then Janice said that she didn't need it because she gets excited when she drives. Then Heesook took away the caffeine.
  • We went to the shopping centre across from where we had lunch so that we could get a few things at Coles. There was this little teeny tiny baby. I said that I wanted a baby and Janice said "let me plan your wedding first." She's so silly. Of course I wouldn't have a baby for a long time. I just want to play with it.
  • Iris said that she didn't like the first beach that we went to because the sand was too muddy. Then Heesook said, "It's muddy because it's wet!"
  • Janice asked if we wanted to go to get peaches at some stand on the side of the road. Iris asked if we got to pick the peaches. Then later on, we saw a sign that said farm fresh. I could have sworn that I heard Janice say farm fresh eggs, but she said something about picking things. I was really confused why she thought that they would pick eggs. This led to a few jokes at my expense and a few random conversations about people in the Philippines eating fertilized eggs and  soaking an egg in vinegar and making it like a bouncy ball.
  • Iris- "Are you speeding? How come I can feel the wind?"
  • Iris-"Be careful driving in along the mountains." Janice-"This is the shore"
  • Iris- "I can't see the beach. Can you, Janice?" We're not sure why she thought that Janice had x-ray vision and could see through the trees...
  • Iris- "It would be bad to be kidnapped in Australia because it all looks the same. You always hear about people saying they followed the sound of the train or something. They'd just said they followed the sound of the trees."
  • I asked Janice if I need to put sunscreen on because at that point it was really cloudy and my UV-sensitive nail polish was barely even pink. She looked at me and said that I did because I'm white. None of my other friends put on sunscreen.
  • We went on a little adventure along the beach. We climbed over some rocks and Janice showed me this really clear water that she found. I told her that it was so clear that it almost looked like RO water. She's probably the only one of my friends here that would understand that. We're such nerds.(For the less nerdy of my readers, RO water stands for Reverse Osmosis. It's basically just pure H2O. Nothing else, no other chemicals or bacteria or anything.)
  • Janice was trying to trap Heesook's legs. She was putting sand around them and tried to bring it all the way up to her knees. Then Janice said it was Janice Mountain. Heesook said "No, it's a prison!"
  • Janice and I were laying on the beach while everyone else was elsewhere. I said something about the people over there making out. Janice replied, "I know, I'm staring at them."
  • The girls were sitting on a little ledge of sand and we had Ko take our picture. Then Ko sat down because he wanted a picture with all of us. Then Janice asked who was going to take the picture and she jokingly asked the seagull to come and take our picture.
  • On our way from the car into the restaurant for dinner, Heesook got pooped on by a bird.
  • Janice is Heesook's professional slave. She is supposed to do everything for her, like be her alarm, make her food, etc. Then I pointed out that professional slave is an oxymoron. To be professional, you need to get paid. To be a slave, you aren't paid.
  • Iris- "I like KFC better except for the Pepsi."
  • Iris- "They are serial killers to chickens. They must kill millions a day." She also said something about not killing the whole chicken and using just the breast of just the wings and talking about chickens with more than two wings. The rest of us had no clue what she was talking about and where she comes up with these things.
  • Heesook was saying that she doesn't like lions. (White tiger is her animal in Hungry Animals) She said something about imagining how many lice are in a lion's mane!
  • Heesook was telling us about this girl who cries crystals instead of tears. Iris was saying that she could earn lots of money from the crystals.
  • We were talking about snakes and what they eat. Iris said something about snakes eating cows. I don't think that they eat anything quite that large!
  • We had to pull over because one of the doors wasn't shut right and a light kept blinking. Then later, Janice realised that she forgot to lock the doors again after that. She locked them right before we got on the highway and Iris said that was good. Otherwise the door might have flown off. I really want to just go in her mind and figure out how she comes up with this stuff!
  • Iris- "We've been together for 14 hours!" She said something about none of us being sick of each other or anything. This led to a conversation trying to figure out why we would be sick of each other or why she thought that we would be sick of each other. 
It was a long and fun day, as you can probably tell from all of the quotes. It's no wonder that I was exhausted and went straight to sleep after I got back!

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9602956@N05/sets/72157632142534634/

1 comment:

  1. How come all quotes from me sounded ridiculous Caitlin? I'm sure Heesook and Janice have got some more ridiculous quotes too! XD

    ReplyDelete